BEST OF ICELAND - WINTER VALUE (Golden Circle, South Coast & Northern Lights)
All in one! - 3 Must-Do Tours in 1 Bundle
Day 1 -The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! Follow in the footsteps of the Vikings of old as you walk down into the rift valley where the American and Eurasian continental plates are literally pulling apart at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament. Witness the steaming geothermal springs as the ground trembles and hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser at the home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland's most iconic natural attraction. Experience the magnificence and power of Gullfoss Waterfall, a set of glacial river cascades falling 32 meters into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar. The best part, this is all done within 8 hours!
When night falls we set off in search of the magical and mysterious Northern Lights.
Day 2 - the South Coast awaits. Leaving Reykjavik we drive eastwards along the southern coastline and explore a volcanic and glacial wonderland. On clear days, Hekla, the infamous Eyjafjalljökull volcanoes along with the Westman Islands can be seen rising in the distance as you approach the Solheimajökull Glacier, a photographer's delight and the first stop on the tour. The next destination is the otherworldly black beach known as Reynisfjara where the waves of the Atlantic Ocean crash upon the black sands from which the seemingly man-made hexagonal basalt columns rise to cliffs filled with nesting sea birds. After taking in your fill of the amazing geological formations, the tour will continue onto the small village of Vík with a church upon a hill overlooking three volcanic stone columns, said to be trolls turned to stone along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean.
After Vík, the trip back towards Reykjavik will take you to the powerful Skógafoss waterfall where a short walk up a flight of stairs will reveal one of Iceland´s most scenic views. From here we will head to the final stop, the 60-meter-high Seljalandsfoss Waterfall famous for the hidden pathway leading behind and around this stunning sight. With some luck and sunny weather conditions, rainbows may add to the spectacular experience at each waterfall.
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Knowledgeable Northern Lights & Stars guide
- Free use of camera tripod (please note, we only have a few and many people come on the tours, if you own one please bring it)
- Learn the basics of Northern Lights photography on our smart tablets
- Instructions about how to set up your camera to capture northern lights and the night sky
- Northern Lights Guarantee - see the lights or come again for free!
- Free Wi-Fi and USB charger for each seat
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages
What do I need to bring
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended, especially since we will be outside at night.
For Northern Lights: Cameras are almost always better at capturing the northern lights and are more sensitive than our eyes. If you have a DSLR camera and a tripod, bring them along.
- We are working with Iceland´s most talented Northern lights hunters to find the best places every night.
- It is never a guaranteed that we will see northern lights, however, we do our best to maximize our chances by picking the best locations.
- Since it is never guaranteed to see aurora, we will make sure you get the chance to see them. In the event of a unsuccessful hunt, we offer you the chance to re-book as many times as needed until you partake in a successful northern lights hunt. You can continue to do this within a 2 year period of going on the first hunt.