Silfra is a fissure between the North American and Eurasian continental plates. Silfra constantly fills with glacial water that has been trickling through underground lava rock for 30 years. This remarkable crack between two tectonic plates is therefore filled with the clearest water on our planet, allowing for over 100 meters visibility.
On the snorkeling tour we will dress you in a dry suit and guide you through the four parts of the Silfra fissure. Floating through Silfra's crystal clear water is an otherworldly experience; the near-freezing water, astonishing colors, and sensations of flying provide a very unique environment for liquid meditation that you will never forget.
- guided snorkeling trip
- all necessary snorkeling equipment
- hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- Entrance fee of 1.500 ISK per person into Silfra
What do I need to bring
- long underwear
- thick socks
- suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- if you wear glasses, please bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask if you have one
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement
- sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- be between 150cm and 200cm in height
- be between 45kg and 120kg in weight
- fit within our dry suit size chart
- be minimum 12 years of age on the year
- be comfortable in the water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found on the second page of the Medical Statement document. Please read the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour. Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.