GOLDEN CIRCLE AND GLACIER
Explore the Golden Circle and then drive a snowmobile on the second biggest glacier in Iceland.
Duration: 11,5 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
Explore a glacier & the Golden Circle
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! Follow in the footsteps of the vikings of old as you walk down into the rift valley where the American and Eurasian continental plates are literally pulling apart at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament. Witness the steaming geothermal springs as the ground trembles and hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser at home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland's most iconic natural attraction. Experience the magnificence and power of Gullfoss Waterfall, a set of glacial river cascades falling 32 meters into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar. Best part, this is all done within 8 hours!
Where the central highlands start, with their uninhabited pristine nature, you will board one of our custom-made Super Trucks that´s capable of driving across rough snowy terrain thanks to its enormous tires. The drive to the snowmobile base camp at the foot of the Langjökull Glacier is an unique Arctic highland experience and the snowmobile tour that follows is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Ride across the eternally frozen snow and ice fields of one of the bigger glaciers in the world on a guided snowmobile tour, exploring one of the last true wilderness areas in Europe and indeed the world.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS synced Audio Guide, available with a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
This is one of our all time favourites and a classic Icelandic day tour.
Pro Tip: You can rent warm and waterproof jacket and/or winter boots in the online check out if you did not come prepared for Icelandic winter.
- Starting off in Reykjavik from our Reykjavik terminal at Skógarhlíð 10 we will depart for Þingvellir, a 45-60 minute ride.
- The tour starts with Þingvellir National Park, the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you walk down the path into a rift valley and admire the view while learning about Icelandic history.
- The next stop is at Geysir Hot Springs, the home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland’s most iconic natural attraction. Steaming hot water erupts from the famous Strokkur Geyser every few minutes.
- We then had to Gullfoss waterfall where you ride up to the glacier with the Mountaineers of Iceland. They will bring you to their base camp and outfit you with all necessary equipment.
- Heading back down Gullfoss Waterfall after about 3.5 hours you will have a chance to view a powerful glacial river as it cascades down 32 meters on two levels and into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
- We then drive you back towards Reykjavik to our Reykjavik Terminal. If you booked a SmartBus pickup, you will be taken back to your place of stay from here.
- This tour is about 11 hours long including travel time and the time you spend at each location. You spend at least 45 minutes at the major stops giving you plenty of time to enjoy the nature and to take some pictures.
- Total distance covered: 290 km or 180 mi
- Please show up at our Reykjavik Terminal (located at Skógarhlíð 10) 15 minutes prior to the departure time. Please be ready at your pick up point with your voucher, either in digital or printed form.
- If you have booked a hotel pickup with Smartbus™, If you have booked a hotel pickup with SmartBus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green SmartBus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilities as standard. The bus offers free Wi-fi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included, In Geysir & Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks.
- Available all year round (depending on weather)
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile, single person per vehicle at extra cost!
- Age limit: 6 years & only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Bring with you: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- In-Bus-Audio-Guide: We recommend that you bring your own headphones, simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones, with you or forgot to bring them, no worries we sell earphones on board.
- Local Tip: Upgrade your tour to “Single Rider” on the snowmobile for more driving time on the glacier.
- Duration: 11,5 hours including the snowmobile tour and a stop at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park. In Geysir & Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks.
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- All necessary equipment for snowmobiling (helmet, gloves, snow-suit)
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
What do I need to bring
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.