SOUTH COAST AND GLACIER RIDE
South Coast with an Adventurous Twist
This is the perfect tour for those seeking a bit extra thrill while ticking off some of Iceland’s must-sees. The tour offers a fun, scenic and comfortably challenging snowmobiling ride. It is a great way to explore and experience the wilderness and get in touch with the glacier.
The tour starts with a drive through the Hellisheiði mountain pass bringing you through moss-covered lava fields and past geothermal springs down to farmland along the beautiful southern coastline. The first stop on the way starts with a snowmobile ride to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier, close to the volcano Katla caldera. The scenery there can be quite intense, with Eyjafjallajökull glacier watching over us from the west and the breathtaking view over the South coast of Iceland.
On our way back to Reykjavík, we stop by the powerful Skógafoss Waterfall where a short walk up a flight of steps will reveal one of Iceland’s most scenic views. We then stop at the 60-meter high Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, famous for the hidden pathway behind and around it.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi-connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS-synced Audio Guide, available in a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour, our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat, you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Professional driver & guide
- Experienced snowmobile guide
- Local knowledge
- Snowmobile equipment and approx 1 hour snowmobile ride
- Visit to all the top sites on the South Coast (Seljalandsfoss, Sólheimajökull & Skógafoss)
What's not included
Pick-up and Drop-off at hotel can be booked as an extra service with our SmartBus™ service. Otherwise you are advised to be at our Reykjavik Terminal 15 minutes before the tour departure time.
What do I need to bring
Bring with you: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm and waterproof clothes, weather changes are swift so prepare expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise we sell earphones on the bus.
For Snowmobiling: All equipment is provided . It is a good idea to bring some food along the way for when you return from snowmobiling adventure.
- All special clothing and all the equipment needed for the trip is provided so you can enjoy a safe and comfortable ride. No special skills nor former snowmobile experience is required.
- You need a valid driver's license to drive a snowmobile
- Two riders share each snowmobile and single riders and groups traveling together with odd numbers are required to book a single rider supplement, payable on location.